Friday, February 8, 2008

Who do you keep in touch with?

Since launching this blog just a couple of days ago, I've heard from about a dozen old (and I mean old) Chargers who have collectively kept in touch with probably half the class.

For example...
  • Diana Ebert works at USAA with Melinda Guerra (now Reeves), Sandy Huerta, Ginger Callen and Melanie Felder.
  • Doris Jaeger (now Gold) and a band of Churchill chicks (Helen Lopez, Rose Herrera, Carol Robinson, Diana Ebert, Karen Brumley and others) get together monthly in San Antonio and they "laugh ourselves half sick."
  • Mike Martin sees Don Crook, Steve Oines, Dan Pollard, Mitch Huffman and Doug Pashoian at least once or twice a year. He played on a volleyball team with Susan Carter a couple of years ago. He saw Dwayne Baker recently for the first time in 20-something year and says, "He hasn’t changed one bit. That is one handsome boy."
  • Cliff Simpson is heading to New York next week and plans to have dinner with Jim Benedict.

In the "Comments" section below, let us know who you're hanging out with, and who you'd like to track down.

3 comments:

hil6 said...

Hilda Maskill (Bice) I still keep in touch with Maureen Cahill(Collins) and look forward to seeing her soon. I had brunch with Jannine Marshall(Haugland) and Mardi Shermann(Smith) awhile back and they are both great. Small world.. Mardi's daughter Lindsey and my daughter Amanda are best buds@ Regan H.S. I see Carol Robinson when our sons play sports, she has invited me to the girls get-together, I just haven't been able to go, hope to go soon though.

Anonymous said...

Hilda,
I'd love to know what Jannine and Jannice Marshall are up to these days! We were good buds during highschool and spent many a summer days at each other's lake houses on LBJ lake...lost track of them after college...
Amie Fahel Jurica

Anonymous said...

Amie,


what is your sister, Stephanie, up to these days?....I was good friends with her. I graduated im 1979. Hope all of you are doing well.
Joe Hughes